These are first aid tips, please remember it is best to get your pet to the vet as soon as possible.
If your pet is seizuring:
- Move your pet to a safe environment away from potential hazards such as furniture or edges he/she could fall from
- Do not put your hand near your pet’s face, he/she will not swallow or choke on his/her tongue
- If you suspect a poison caused the seizure please see our Poisoned Pet page and be sure to bring the poison with you to the vet
- Provide your pet with comfort when he/she stops seizuring, they are often disoriented and distressed at this time
Before you come to the vet please ensure:
- You have directions to our clinic and our phone number
- If possible call us on the way so we can be expecting you
- You drive safely!